BE Job Vacancy: Regional Under 18 Coordinator for the Eastern Region
British Eventing currently have a vacancy for a Regional Under 18 Coordinator for the Eastern Region. This is a voluntary role based within the region.
Applications for the role will close on 1st September 2017 (interview date TBC)
The Regional Under 18 Coordinator's main responsibilities (which are shared with the Assistant Regional Under 18 Coordinator) are as follows:
- To act as the British Eventing u18 representative within the designated region.
- To be the principal point of contact in relation to u18 matters for all registered u18 BE members, Organisers and Officials within the designated Region.
- Liaise with the BE staff to coordinate the u18 programme including matters relating to rules, registration, entries, qualifications, discipline/incident reporting and related issues.
- Attend at least three regional committee meetings plus at least one national meeting per annum and present a report on the Regional activities when required.
- Manage the Regional budget in conjunction with BE staff.
- Develop a working knowledge of the u18 members within the designated Region in order to assist the u18 National Coach and the relevant Chairman of Selectors where required.
- Plan suitable fixtures to host Under 18 qualifying classes at BE100 and Novice level within the designated Region. The plan is to be developed in conjunction with the BE Regional Coordinators, whilst liaising with relevant event organisers.
- Where appropriate attend u18 classes within the designated Region, observing all phases of the u18 class and be available to assist u18 members, the event organiser and event officials.
U18 Regional Team Championships
- Select two teams to represent the designated Region at the annual U18 Regional Team Championships, run at BE100 and CCI*level in line with the selection policy.
- Coordinate appropriate training, in collaboration with the Under 18 Regional Coaches, for the selected team in the build up to the Championships.
- Attend the Championships in a supporting and administrative role. Collate and oversee the team entries and be main regional point of contact between the event organiser and nominated BE officials.
- Coordinate the annual training programme for riders aiming for the Under 18 Championships in conjunction with the appointed BE u18 Regional Coaches, managing all financials and bookings in collaboration with the Regional Development Officer.
- Advise the Regional Development Officer in the organisation of training courses for 12-21 aged BE members and non-members within the designated Region.
If you are interested, or wish to learn more about the role, please contact the Chairman of the Under 18 Programme, Jane Peters on 07702 901 007 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply please send a CV including all relevant skills and experience along with a covering letter to email@example.com by 1st September 2017.
Article Source: British Eventing News
Back to News