Entries Open From: Monday, 1st Oct 2018
Entries Close Date: Wednesday, 5th Dec 2018
Venue: Blue Barn Equestrian Centre
Times Available: Call 07950704811 7-9pm or visit www.SMP-EVENTS.co.uk Thursday prior to show.
Any enquires contact Scott on 07950 704811 or via email.
2 Surfaced Main Arenas, 2 Surfaced Warm-Up Arenas
Onsite Coffee Shop
Rosettes 1st - 6th, Trophies 1st subject to 4 entries
Withdrawals after the closing date will NOT be refunded or transferred
1. All jumping classes will be judged under BS rules.
2. All dressage classes will be judged under BD rules.
3. Riding hats that comply with the current BS safety standards must be worn at all times whilst mounted on the showground.
4. No horses to be schooled or lunged in the car park or any other areas,
5. The designated ‘warm up’ arena is the only area to be used to ‘warm up’ horses/ponies. It is not permitted in the showground or car park for safety reasons.
6. Horses or ponies should never be left unattended when tied to a lorry or trailer.
7. SMP EVENTS & Blue Barn EC reserves the right to unconditionally disqualify and/or ban riders who display an excessive use of whips and/or spurs or those who use bad language or behave in a unsporting manner.
8. Anyone seen riding/handling in a manner likely to endanger themselves, their horse or any other parties will be asked to leave the showground for safety reasons.
9. The Judges’ decision is always final.
10. Complaints of any nature must be logged in writing with the secretary, together with a deposit of £15, within one hour of class finishing. If the objection is proved correct the £15 deposit will be returned.
11. All entries/competitors must have valid Horse and Rider Insurance including Personal Liability Cover.
12. Dogs must be kept on leads and under strict control at all times. Owners are responsible for clearing up after their dogs.
13. All entries/competitors and spectators must comply at all times with Health and Safety notices/rules or instructions given by SMP EVENTS & Blue Barn EC.
14. No persons shall allow a stallion for which he/she is responsible as owner, authorised agent or rider to compete or be prepared to compete, in any show jumping competition without taking adequate precaution to ensure other competitors and members of the public are not at risk of injury.
15. SMP EVENTS & Blue Barn EC and/or its Employees accept no responsibility for any accidents or injury to competitors, onlookers, horses or property. Riding is a high risk sport and is undertaken at your own risk.
16. Practice fences will be flagged and must be jumped in the correct direction.
17. Horses/ponies must be over the age of 4 to compete in any classes.
18. SMP EVENTS & Blue Barn EC reserves the right to refuse entry or make changes to a class without stating a reason.
19. No entries or arena hires can be refunded unless either a medical or veterinary certificate is produced. (Dressage once times have been set, Arena hires within 24hours of booked time)
20. No mucking out of horse boxes/trailers on the showground.
21. All stallions and colts are to wear a bridle and bit at all times. When competing in-hand they are to be led with an adequate length of lead rein whilst competing and between their classes.
22. Hat, gloves and correct footwear are to be worn by all handlers of colts and stallions, both in the ring and outside.
23. Red ribbon is to be worn on the tail of every colt and stallion whilst on the showground. They will not be allowed to compete without one.
24. In the interest of safety, no colt or stallion will be permitted into any class if it is deemed to be dangerous or ridden/handled in a manner that is likely to endanger itself, its handler or any other party.
25. All stallions and colts are to be placed back into their transport after they have competed. No tying up or leading around will be permitted.
26. Any stallions or colts must be declared on your entry. We reserve the right to limit the numbers of colts and stallions competing in any class/show. If a colt or stallion is not declared on an entry it may not be allowed to complete and the entry fee will be forfeit.
27. The number of stallions and colts in any one class will be restricted. To avoid disappointment, pre-entering for any of our shows recommended.