British Eventing Squad Announced For Longines FEI European Eventing Championships at Blair Castle
Team GBR has named a squad of 12 riders to compete at the Longines FEI European Eventing Championships in Blair Castle, Scotland in September.
The championships, from September 10 to 13, are the last major Championship before the Olympic Games, where Britain qualified a team spot after last year’s World Equestrian Games.
All riders compete as individuals at the Championships; four riders will be announced before the start of the competition to contest the team event.
Yogi Breisner, Chef d’Equipe for the Eventing team said the squad was an exciting group, and there were also some promising young horses making their Championship debut.
“I am really looking forward to going to Blair for a home European Championships.”
It will be the senior championship team debut for five of the riders, whilst four of those selected have previously competed at a home Europeans, after riding at Blenheim in 2005.
The selected squad is (in alphabetical order):
- Laura Collett (25) from West Berkshire with Mrs Diana Chappell’s Grand Manoeuvre
- Dani Evans (23) from Bristol with Mrs Luana Edge’s Smart Time
- William Fox-Pitt (46) from Sturminster Newton, Dorset with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Bay My Hero
- Pippa Funnell MBE (46) from Dorking, Surrey with Mrs Jennifer A Nolan, Miss Ruth McMullen and her own Sandman 7
- Flora Harris (27) from Hungerford, Berkshire with Mrs Caroline Harris and Ms Rebecca Salt’s Bayano
- Kitty King (32) from Chippenham, Wiltshire with Jane and Frank Inns Persimmon
- Gemma Tattersall (30) from Horsham, West Sussex with The Soul Syndicate’s Arctic Soul
- Izzy Taylor (32) from Banbury, Oxfordshire with Miss Susan Holroyd and Ms Frances Carter’s British Bred Allercombe Ellie
- Oliver Townend (32) from Ellesmere, Shropshire with Mr P J Hegarty’s Fenyas Elegance
- Francis Whittington (37) from Crowborough, East Sussex with Mrs Catherine Witt’s Easy Target
- Nicola Wilson (38) from Northallerton, North Yorkshire with Mary & Gerry Kemp and Mrs Janine Shewan’s One Two Many
- Holly Woodhead (21) from Marlborough, Wiltshire with Ian and Heidi Woodhead’s DHI Lupison
Four of the selected athletes have also been named with direct reserve horses; William Fox-Pitt is selected with Fernhill Pimms and Luxury F H. Pippa Funnell is selected with Second Supreme; Izzy Taylor has KBIS Briarlands Matilda, and Nicola Wilson is also named with her WEG ride, Annie Clover.
Selected reserves (in order of selection):
- Tom Jackson (22) from Kent, with Mr Ian & Mrs Sara Jackson and his own Waltham Fiddlers Find
- Wills Oakden (25) from Fife, Scotland with Mr David Kenwright’s Greystone Midnight Melody
- Tina Cook (44) from Worthing, West Sussex with Mr Jim Chromiak and her own De Nevo News
- Jodie Amos (31) from Warwickshire with Miss Nicola Coates and her own Wise Crack
- Sarah Bullimore (42) from Keysoe, Bedfordshire with Mr Brett Bullimore and her own Lilly Corinne
- Emilie Chandler (34) from Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire with Miss Sally Williams and Miss Nicola Dickson’s Coopers Law
Back to News